My deer

Since I've been staying at my parents house, I started trying to build this friendship with the wild life around the woods of their home.

There are about 10-15 different deer out here that we see daily. At first, I would drive by slowly .... And then I decided it would be a good idea if I stop and roll down the window and talk to them. Say things like "its me your momma". I got to a point in "our friendship" that it was safe to get out of the car and walk towards them.

This week, I bought some carrots. I carry them in my car and throw to them as I walk towards them. I think its working....

Tonight, I am so excited because as it gets dusk, I am taking the boys with me to the woods to see if the deer will let us yet a little closer.

Its an exciting life that I live, I tell ya.

Its a good thing Eric's working late, he's not as big on this whole "convincing the deer that I'm their momma" thing...

hmm. weird