The other day, it was around 4'oclock and I was already exhausted.
I had gotten up at 7 a.m., to begin my day. The coffee was brewing and the normal routine started. I turned on my favorite pandora radio station and begin my quiet time. A few minutes later, one by one the household would awake and need breakfast. I rushed around to pick up a few things, get ready for work and left once the sitter came to the house. I only work a 5 hour shift, but it was a pretty big week a the North Muskegon city hall as they were having their yearly festivals this weekend. The traffic and phone calls were unusually busy and my 10 minute break was crammed in with two quick phone calls to secure soccer arrangements for our oldest sons upcoming school year. The second that work let out, I was headed in a quick travel to pick up Blare from his dad's house as he had been waiting there after drivers training. The two of us traveled home to pick up the rest of the crew so we could head straight to the med center to get Blare in for his sports physical. I had to make another phone call to rearrange the driving schedule that would need to be changed for drivers training due to the important soccer practice that he needed to be at while we were waiting to be seen at this center. The five of us would bolt for the van as soon as he came out of his room and rush to get to the practice he was already ten minutes late for. It was now only 3:45 and we still had to stop at the grocery store because we were out of milk, snacks and diapers. Don't worry, dinner still needed to be made and Blare needed to be picked up by 5:30 by a parent who would be able to stay to hear some words from the coach. We also were planning to go down to the free night at Unity and Keegan's bag and the van needed to be packed for this event. I called Eric to see if he could pick him up from practice on his way home from work. He agreed to do so and because of that, everything ended up working out perfectly.
With school starting in less than two weeks and the boys now being in different schools this year, I know this kind of day will become a typical day in my life.
I also know that this is typical for most mothers.
Isn't it amazing what all we are able to multitask into our busy schedules. Lunches, homework, laundry, sports schedules, school meetings, grocery shopping, doctor visits, school supplies, bills, dinner, housework, and attention for the ones we love.

The amazing thing about this is that I know one day this schedule will not be my routine anymore and my mom reminds me often that the days that I am experiencing now were her most favorite years.

I want to embrace them and not rush through them.

Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

'