Its 5 Minute
Friday and the topic is REST

Inspired by http://thegypsymama.com/


Jeremiah 6:16 says -
Thus says the Lord: Stand in the ways and see, And ask for the old paths where the good way is, And walk in it; THEN you will find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not listen.

The deeper studying notes located at the bottom of my Bible regarding this verse said this: OLD PATHS probably refers to the Sinai covenant and the Book of Deuteronomy, as Jeremiah called the people back to former days of steadfast devotion. The people obstinately refused to walk rightly and find rest. They also refused to listen to the alarming sound of the trumpet, denying that any danger existed.

After reading that, I decided to do a bit more research on the Sinai covenant.
Here is a link to great information on that: http://www.gotquestions.org/Mosaic-covenant.html

Why do we try to make things more complex than what the really are? Living according to the WAY He called us to live - brings the most rest to our lives. It couldn't be more simple, yet we decide to go against it. We all do. Its our human nature to do so. His word makes it very simple. He gives us all the tools we need to follow so we are able to enjoy HIS REST. We think going to get a massage or going on a vacation is going to bring the rest we long for. The problem is that they are temporary solutions and they usually cost us a lot of money.

My Prayer...

Lord please forgive me for trying to come up with my own remedy for what Rest should look like in my life. Open my eyes to your word and lead me to the quietness that my soul truly needs. I know that it can only be found in YOU. Thank you for your amazing love that pursues me.
Your daughter.

~Jennifer~