The power of a whisper

As I continue to read more of the book written by Bill Hybels called "The power of a whisper", I feel myself being drawn and inspired to write again. I have had the thoughts of writing on - learning how to chase after God's heart.
I feel like the book that I am reading will give me the final push that I need to surrender and develop the layout that has happened in my life to cause me to write at all.

In his book, Bill Hybels talks about how he discovered at an early age on how to pray for God to reveal His words (whispers) to him after he heard the story on Samuel in the Bible at school one day. He refers to a poem that his teacher gave him that reads this:

Oh! give me Samuel's ear, An open ear, O Lord, Alive and quick to hear, Each whisper of Thy Word; Like him to answer to Thy call And to obey Thee first of all.

I finished Chapter One this morning. When I closed the book, I ventured out for another walk in our neighborhood. In a quiet whisper, I asked God to continue to whisper his words to me for what His will is for my life.
Before I even left my driveway, it was clear to me for now what He was saying...

_ Keep Me First...
_ Love that Man that I gave you Jennifer, with all of who you are. Be faithful in this
_ Love those boys with My love, teach them by your example
_ Be faithful to the church ministry that I have given you
_ Open your mouth to the women that I send you
_ Let me do the rest - You can trust me

I am not promised what the next season will bring. I get glimpses and for that I am thankful.


Prayer:
Oh Lord, please speak to me. Teach me to know and understand Your voice. Give me the power and strength when the load seems heavy. Guide my every word and step.
"Speak Lord, for your servant is listening".