The Lord is good

A few months ago I had a phone conversation with a woman that I had never met face to face. The longer that we talked, the more encouraged that I became. Her words were filled with such wisdom and it seemed as though she knew exactly what I needed to hear.

It was the end of our conversation that has continued to minister to me. She had me look up some verses while we were on the phone.

2 Corinthians 10:4-6

4For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. 5We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ. 6being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete.


We finished our conversation a few minutes after I read these verses and I have not talked with her again since.

These three verses have been put on my path over and over again since that conversation and as I continue to meditate on them, I know that my eyes have been opened to something powerful.

Today I sat down to read the chapter for the woman's study that I attend weekly. We are doing a chapter book written by Stormie Omartian called "The prayer that changes everything.. The hidden power of Praising God".

As I read chapter eight which reflects on how good God is. I was quickly reminded of the end of the phone conversation I had with my dear on the phone that wonderful day.

She said: "Jen - I have come to a place where I now understand that the Lord deserves all of my praise even in the hardest challenges of my life. I choose now to say, Thank you Father God for ..... (Anything bad that happens)

because You know all things and I do not and Lord Jesus you are so GOOD."

It may take me longer than it should, but slowly my heart is coming to the place where I can feel safe to Trust Him even when I don't understand. He makes ALL things beautiful, in His time.

Lamentations 3:25 The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him.