Discovering Him

I had the privilege of being raised in a home where both of my parents were passionate about living out their faith in a beautiful way for us children and others to see.

I wish that I could say that because of this fact that I chose early on to follow in their footsteps. That isn't my story...

During my teenage years, I began to walk down two roads. I knew what I should be doing but I had the desire to try all of the things that were supposed to be wrong. When I did, I also seemed to like them. Before I knew it, God seemed so far away and getting back to where I wanted to be in my relationship with Him almost felt impossible.

That's when God stepped in...

I
remember the day so clearly when I found out that I was pregnant. I had graduated from high school just a few months before this and was still only 18 years old.

T
his is when my relationship with God finally began to grow. I know that I had read devotionals before this point and that I enjoyed the discussions in my youth sunday school classes but the desire to know God and His will for me was definitely missing from my life.

God took away the desires to do the things that I had been doing and He replaced them with a burden to share all of the new things that I was learning about through my Bible readings.

That was over fifteen years ago... Things didn't happen over night. I continued to and still continue to have areas where I struggle BUT God is faithful!

During this current year of my life, I feel like God has been literally roaring to me. I feel like I am finally understanding the purpose that He has for my life and it has led for a very deep pursuit of discovering His will for me.


John 7:38
Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

The Lord wants to show you Himself. He is speaking. He wants to lead you. His love is better than anything this world has to offer. It is worth discovering and will leave you satisfied and full.