The story of Ruth...



During the Spring of 2007, I was looking for anything that would encourage my heart. I read a few really good books that helped me hold on to hope while I was going through my divorce but the one book that I read over and over and that allowed for me to trust God with my future was the book of Ruth. I loved reading her story... She was a woman that I am sure felt hopeless.

She had lost her husband and she had to have wondered where God was and how He could have allowed her to be in the situation that she was in.
Her mother in law Naomi had experienced the same kind of loss and decided to move back to her home land. Ruth was determined to follow along with her.

As soon as they got there, Ruth was blessed with a job working in the field to help support the two of them. As they both cried out to their God, He listened and responded. A love story transpires between Ruth and a man named Boaz and now their financial needs were more than met. When Ruth remarried, she eventually gave birth to a son that became part of the messianic linage of Jesus.

Wow - Talk about an incredible story of Redemption.

God continues to be in the business of Redeeming broken things. He can turn the most hopeless situation into a beautiful story of redemption.

May you choose to Trust Him with any brokenness that you may have today.
I want to encourage you to read the book of Ruth this week.

Ruth 1: 16 & 17
16 But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried.